Skip to main content

life / vida | pau gasol

Resultat d'imatges de life vida pau gasol



Today, I recieved as a Nikolaus gift, a German tradition [even though I'm not german] the book from Pau Gasol. 

I've been a supporter from Pau since I remember, I like him a lot, as a basketball player and as a person. With this book I've learned lots of things I didn't knew Pau liked or did, and I also learned more from the things I knew about. 

With this book, Pau, as the title says, tries to do a quick summary with photos and text of what's his life about, from childhood to now, and from a basketball player to a normal guy from Barcelona who lives in the USA. 

He shows both his american fans what's like living and the culture in Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain and to the catalan and spanish people how he deals with living and working in the USA. 

He talks about the past, but also about the future and what does he want to be, become or do. He also talks about the present, and how he relate with friends, colleagues, family, fame.... 

Gasol also talks about him and which were are and could possibly be his goals in life. The book, then, becomes a magic story in where Pau opens his doors up to where he can or wants and you really enjoy reading and seeing the photos he includes. 

You can read it in an hour, but for sure you're gonna read it again some other time, or you're going to takes notes of one of the chapters.... for sure... 'cause Pau Gasol does not open up because he wants fame or for some money... he opens up because he wants everybody to see the things he does and why he does this things. He's also an inspiration because with his words and the help of professionals he transmits his passion, the life.

I'm proud of him, and for me he is a role model. I'm also from Barcelona, I like basketball, I am a Lakers fan and I would like to live in California as well. Good job Pau! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

joker | 2019

Is Joaquin Phoenix's performance of the Joker worth an Oscar nomination? Yes. Ok, but, besides that, why is everybody so hyped by this film? Because we've seen a movie with plenty of superheroes hit the box office this year and now, six months later, just one man, a villain, is stealing the whole show. The one thing that hyped me the most was reading, when the movie premiered at the Venice Film Festival back in September, that this movie didn't have special effects, that it was organic.   I know, I'm not going to say anything you've already read on any film magazine or twitter, instagram or your friends may have commented but I needed to post this.  Joker is a movie that is undoubtedly influenced by Scorsese's films, such as Taxi Driver (1976) and presents a Gotham that reminds us of the 1970's New York. One of the things I liked the most is the contextualisation of the action, because it helped to understand and empathize with Arthur Fleck, the...

the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society | 2018

This film is based on the book written by Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows where every chapter is a letter written by a different character.  Juliet Ashton (Lily James) is the main character of this lovely film that portrays the story from some citizens from Guernsey Island that became a family when the nazis occupied the island during the II World War. As they had taken away all what they loved, they started a literary club where they discussed about books and life while they refuged from the demands of the nazis.  Juliet Ashton, a londoner who lost her parents when she was a girl, meets this literary club through a letter that Dawsey Adams, a citizen from the island, sends to her when he found out her name and address in a book from the local library that had been abandoned. Juliet that loves reading books, but also is aspiring to be a writer thinks that visting the island can be her inspiration to do so as she is curious about this literary club and its story ...

blue jasmine | 2013

Woody Allen's new movie is a real must see for this year. Cate Blanchett makes an incredible performance of a woman that has lost everything. She had been part of one of the most rich families in the USA and the world. She had everything but a single moment of her life changed everything. Woody Allen demonstrates that he knows when he needs and it's the most appropiate moment to do a movie and when not. Right know with the crisis this movie reflects in some way what nearly every 'normal' family has to suffer. It portrays the fact that, we've been loosing things and all things we're missing now.  The story then, i  a mixture of originality and classic facts that really make this movie one of the best movies of the year. I also would like to point out the fact that the transitions between the past and the present of Jasmine's life are very well done and that shows the great work that Woody Allen and his team have done.  Real...